Internet marketing is the marketing of products or services over the Internet, also referred to as i-marketing, web-marketing, online-marketing, Search Engine Marketing (SEM) or e-Marketing. Internet marketing is the marketing of products and services using the Internet as its medium. Lower costs of dissemination of information and a global audience are its main advantages. Internet marketing also encompasses digital customer data management and electronic customer relationship management (ECRM), which are widely used in businesses today.
The importance of Internet marketing strategies has increased with the growth and importance of the Internet. Most established companies are vying online space today and seek to adopt web marketing strategies to increase traffic to their company’s homepage. Internet marketing helps add potential customers and the number of quality leads to your website as well. In fact, most organizations can adopt Internet marketing and advertising strategies to generate better business.
Internet marketing also refers to the placement of media along many different stages of the customer engagement cycle through search engine marketing (SEM), search engine optimization (SEO), banner ads on specific websites, e-mail marketing, and Web 2.0 strategies.
Create visibility for my clients capitalizing on latest Internet marketing methods such as Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Paid Marketing (PPC), etc.
As a business owner who aims at promoting your business online, first you must know what marketing avenues and tools are available to. Second step is to select a combination of marketing strategies which will benefit you most and prioritize their deployment.
Below you will find the list of strategies that comprise of what is known internet marketing for small business:
Visual appeal and usability of your site should strongly contribute to the sales process. A web site is a open showroom for your customer is which always open and available there for you, it acts like a salesman of your company which is well informed about your products and business, so a potential client can reach you anytime from anywhere.
Search Engine Optimization
Search Engine Optimization consists of these steps:
- Keyword research – Keyword research is one of the most important parts of online marketing. Sometimes we don’t realize just how much of a difference it can make in the overall success of a search engine marketing campaign or even the success of an online business. The essence of keyword research is to select keywords that benefit your business the most. Once you have compiled your custom list of such keywords, you will go to the next step.
- Content Development – Web content development is the process of researching, writing, gathering, organizing, and editing information for publication on web sites. As professional content developers, we blend your website’s purpose with your customer’s requirements. This winning combination helps you achieve your business goals while encouraging your customer to explore your site further and eventually buy your products/services.
- Linking Strategies – A lot of people assume that the more links to your site, the higher your ranking in search engines such as Google. But it’s not that simple. Google considers the quality of the site on which the link to your site originates by examining the links pointing at it. If Google considers the originating site to be a “hub,” then the sites that this hub-site links to can get a boost in popularity.
Paid Advertisement Campaigns and Banner Advertisement Campaigns:
Ad Campaign management is a part of online internet marketing. Now a days, SEM (Search Engine Marketing) is on boom. A Paid Marketing campaigns provides immediate search engines rankings for your most important keywords. If you decide to pay for banner advertisement, pick websites and web pages with high traffic of visitors who are likely to find your product or service interesting enough to visit your website. Make your banners engaging and provocative; they have to be interesting enough to engage someone to switch websites to see what you have to offer. A paid PPC Marketing campaign should be well versed and knowledgeable based marketing that fits your requirements. Understanding the objective of your Pay per click campaign management should be your first goals. During that state you should determine which PPC search network is a best suit for your which return maximum cost-per-click for your selected key words and key phrases and aim at getting maximum return on investment (ROI) Goals for PPC Marketing campaign Strategy.
Online Video Marketing
Publishing online videos on high traffic public video websites, such as famous YouTube or Google Video can be very beneficial. The higher popularity of your video, the more points you will receive from search engines.
Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing programs usually center on efforts to create content that attracts attention, generates online conversations, and encourages readers to share it with their social networks. Websites like Twitter, Digg, facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, MySpace, etc, offer tremendous opportunities to online marketers to effectively increase traffic to their site which, in turn, positively affects search engine rankings and online visibility.
E-mail marketing is a form of direct marketing which uses electronic mail as a means of communicating commercial or fundraising messages to an audience. Email marketing is a viable part of online marketing and for some entrepreneurs is a preferred option. However, the term is usually used to refer to:
- sending e-mails with the purpose of enhancing the relationship of a merchant with its current or previous customers and to encourage customer loyalty and repeat business exposure.
- sending e-mails with the purpose of acquiring new customers or convincing current customers to purchase something immediately,
- adding advertisements to e-mails sent by other companies to their customers, and
- sending e-mails over the Internet, as e-mail did and does exist outside the Internet
Advantages of Internet Marketing:
In the early days of people taking their businesses online, building a web site using a basic template was often enough to draw in prospective clients and customers; these days, however, most small and medium sized business owners quickly discover that there are a number of benefits of internet marketing that will enable them to grow their businesses at a faster rate.
Internet marketing is relatively inexpensive when compared to the ratio of cost against the reach of the target audience. Companies can reach a wide audience for a small fraction of traditional advertising budgets. The nature of the medium allows consumers to research and purchase products and services at their own convenience. Therefore, businesses have the advantage of appealing to consumers in a medium that can bring results quickly. The strategy and overall effectiveness of marketing campaigns depend on business goals and cost-volume-profit (CVP) analysis.
In other words, the benefits of internet marketing when it is done as effectively as possible is that you will be able to get a boost for your web site both now and as your customer base continues to grow. There’s no reason why you should struggle to find customers for your business especially when there are already people out there who are searching for the services that you have to offer. See for yourself what the right internet marketing strategy can benefit you.
- Your store is open, 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week. Further, your customers are worldwide in reach, and can shop anytime that they want to.
- The cost of spreading your message is next to nothing. Emailing your subscription base is more often cheaper than sending a letter through the mail.
- Updating your subscribers can be done almost instantly through email. Visitors to your website can get up to the minute information on each visit. If you are having a sale, your customers can start shopping at the discounted prices literally as soon as they open their email.
- If you have an information sensitive business, such as a law firm, newspaper or online magazine, you can deliver your products directly to your customers without having to use a courier.
- Internet marketing helps you to attract prospective customers who are already looking for the products and services that you offer which enables you to reel in those prospects that are ready to make a commitment.
- Marketing your business online with targeted pay per Click advertising allows you to draw in those prospects who live within a certain area (or who are looking for key services in the area where you do business).
- Web marketing helps to draw in an increased number of site visitors who aren’t fully committed to making a purchase but who will be provided your web site is able to reel them in.
Disadvantages of Internet Marketing
- Online marketing is not free. The cost of software, hardware, wed site design, maintenance of your site, online distribution costs and of course, time, all must be factored into the cost of providing your service or product.
- Slightly over 50% of households shop online. While that number will continue to grow, you are reaching less than two out of three households.
- The internet is still regarded as a source of information gathering for the majority of your customers. Of the number of visitors to your site, the vast majority of visitors who are motivated to buy will do so in person. Many people prefer the live interaction when they buy. If you have a small business with one location, this may deter customers from buying.
- Easier to have outdated information on your site, thus timing of updates is critical.
Do you want to make your business reach at the pinnacle? Internet marketing provides this facility to you and your business. There are wide range of websites and internet marketing services. Only u has to choose the best service suite your needs, which provides you with a platform to create a boom through internet. Internet marketing strategies should be planned well so that your products and services are promoted effectively and reach the target audience. Internet Marketing is a combination of strategies applied towards promotion of a business, product, service, community and ideas utilizing available Internet technologies.
There are many other pros and cons of internet marketing. It’s important for you to consider each when creating your internet marketing strategy. Each of the disadvantages can be overcome, but only if you view the customer experience from the eyes of your customer, not as an internet marketer.